2. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Live For Today’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Site.
The type of personal information we collect
4. We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our site.
5. The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, photos, payment information such as transactional details, tax information, support queries, content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
6. We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
7. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you buy our products, items or services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication in the form of a contact form or information pack request.
Personal information we collect about you from others
8. Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
a. third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who are located in the US or UK, which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
b. other third party sources/ and or partners from UK or US, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service.
How we use personal information
9. We will use your personal information:
a. To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Site, like where you purchase an item, product or service from our marketplace.
b. Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
i. operating the Site;
ii. providing you with services described on the Site;
iii. verifying your identity when you call us to discuss an item, product or service you have purchased;
iv. responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
v. updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
vi. carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide;
vii. monitoring activity on the Site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
viii. managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
ix. managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
x. training Live For Today staff about how to best serve our user community;
xi. improving our products and services.
xii. providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and
xiii. processing your job application to Live For Today.
c. Where you give us consent:
i. providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
d. For purposes which are required by law.
e. For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
10. We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
a. subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in Australia, US and UK; technical and customer support services which are located in Australia, Canada, Philippines, Poland, Mexico, Romania, UK and the US; recruitment agencies which are located in Australia, US and Mexico; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US; subscription management services which are located in the US; payment processing services which are located in the US, UK and Australia; identification verification services located in the UK; and operational tooling services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations.
b. our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.) which are located in the UK;
c. regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
d. a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
e. a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
f. other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
11. We are based in the UK so your data will be processed in the UK. Our booking system however is based in Australia so to complete a booking, product or service we will also store your information in Australia. Some of the recipients we have described in section 10 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based outside Australia in places like Canada, Ireland, Philippines, Poland, Romania, UK, and the US. We do this on the basis of your consent to this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
12. We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers.
How you can access your personal information
13. You can access the personal information that we collect about you by emailing ‘[email protected]’. You have the right to make a request to access the personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close / cancel any products, items or services you have with us for our Site at any time.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
14. Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
15. You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
17. When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
a. your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
b. the domain name you requested;
c. the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
d. the date and time of your visit to the website;
e. the length of your session;
f. the pages which you have accessed;
g. the number of times you access our site within any month;
h. the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
i. the website which referred you to our Site; and
j. the operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
19. Our Site is not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Site for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to make a purchase. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
22. We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
23. When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
24. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact The Team at Live For Today, Ripley Castle, Harrogate, HG3 3AY, UK. Or email [email protected]
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
1. For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
2. You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
3. These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
4. Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
5. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make shopping at Live For Today possible and to enhance your overall shopping experience. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
All of the Content you see and hear on the live-for-today.com website, including, for example, all of the page headers, images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips and text, are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Live For Today. The entire Content of this website is copyrighted as a collective work under U.K. copyright laws, and Live For Today owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content.
The Content of this website, and the site as a whole, is intended solely for personal, non-commercial use by the users of our site. You may download, print and store selected portions of the Content, provided you (1) only use these copies of the Content for your own personal, non—commercial use, (2) do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media, and (3) do not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice.
No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading. Live-for-today.com reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you download from this website.
Except as noted above, you may not copy, download, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, transmit, transfer or create derivative works from the Content without first obtaining written permission from Live For Today.